At A.K. Rikk’s, we pride ourselves on giving our clients the best experience – from when they walk through our doors until they leave with bag in hand. Our Tailors hold a very important role in this process. Tailors at A.K. Rikk’s work both behind the scenes and front facing to the client! The Tailor is responsible for customer fittings and documenting the garment information. Our tailors are expected to re-construct garments in a manner that is indistinguishable from the original construction. The role is highly skilled and often plays a large part in the client experience at A.K. Rikk’s. The role will involve operating industrial machinery, such as: single needle machine, sergers, blind hemmers, and vacuum steam presses
- You hold yourself accountable and are committed to success. At A.K. Rikk’s, we expect each employee to “own it”, by taking pride in their role, responsibilities and themselves.
- You exist to serve. Our servants heart sets us apart from the rest of the industry. In this role, you will take any opportunity to exceed expectations and serve our clients by delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- You are confident in getting your work done efficiently. You don’t procrastinate! Whatever is out on your plate, you know how to get it done.
- Ability to think quickly and solve problems with garments of all fabric types
- Detail oriented
- Committed to excellence
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with sewing, hemming, vacuum steam pressing
- Experience with industrial machinery and various fabrics
- Experience with men’s and women’s tailoring, including pants, suits, dresses
- Serve our clients by conducting fittings
- Re-construct garments in a manner that is indistinguishable from the original construction
- Ensure alternations are done accurately to maintain a less than 2% re-alteration
You will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Alter garments as marked and as described on Garment Ticket, in a timely manner.
- Perform customer fittings as needed.
- Update our online tailor tracking system as needed.