Events Intern Role
The Events Intern is responsible for assisting in the organization and execution of all internal and external events in-store and in the studio at A.K. Rikk’s. This role will work with others to deliver the A.K. Rikk’s experience through many avenues.
- Detail oriented, committed to excellence, and organized
- Willing to work evenings and weekends during events
- Loves a challenge and able to take instructive feedback/constructive criticism
- Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Able to turn an idea into reality
- Able to climb ladders, work safely on heights, etc.
- Able to move furniture and other large rentals
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and able to build relationships with internal and external customers
- To ensure the vision of each A.K. Rikk’s event is executed
- Take direction from Event Coordinator
- Assist the Event Coordinator in executing internal and external events from start to finish.
- Assist in moving furniture, hanging lights, setting up tables/chairs, arranging place settings, hanging wall decor & painting.
- Assist in preparing day of event materials such as registration lists, name tags, gift bags, seating cards, etc.
- Assist in ordering food and beverage and other supplies such as equipment and signage.
- Assist in gathering, printing and shipping necessary event materials for events
- Assist with on-site set-up (caterers, rental companies, etc.) and clean-up for events.
- Work on site in an active role during the event production (check-in, serving, etc. depending on event)
- Assist with post event follow up activities (data input/collection, outreach, etc.)
- Assist with developing and compiling participant evaluations.
- Assist in gathering, printing and shipping necessary event materials
Reports to: Events Coordinator
Start Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 through Wednesday, June 13 (3 Months)
Timeframe: 15 hrs/week during regular event weeks and 30hrs/week during larger event weeks. Larger event weeks include the following: April 16th, May 30th, and June 4th. Weeks may be added to the large event list.