Bookkeeper Job Description
The Bookkeeper is a key component in helping build upon the current success at A.K. Rikk’s by supporting the finance department. He/She will own the daily bookkeeper checklist. This position will enter, collect and distribute information necessary by following the weekly and monthly finance department processes and procedures.
*This role will be responsible for communicating with the controller on a daily basis.
• You hold yourself accountable and are committed to success. At A.K. Rikk’s we expect each employee to “own it”, by taking pride in their role, responsibilities and themselves.
• You exist to serve. Our servants heart is what sets us apart from the industry. You serve your team and company by providing excellent work, speaking up when something is wrong, being humble enough to own your mistakes, and having the confidence to make it right.
• Committed to excellence
• Comfortable working on a computer
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable working independently as well as following directions
• Experience in NetSuite is preferred, but not required
• Experience with accounting principles
• Experience in Quickbooks
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Own the daily finance entry and communication checklist
• Own the Amex process
• Own the A/P process
• Own the A/R process
• Own the House Accounts statement process
• Maintain vendor master sheet with up to date contact information
• Own the month end reconciliation process
• Weekly check in meetings with controller
• Responsibilities may be added or eliminated as needed.
Reports to: Controller